Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Half- Orc FvS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TJUNK

Half- Orc FvS Empty
PostSubject: Half- Orc FvS   Half- Orc FvS Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:42 pm

The details can be found here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3552751#post3552751

This is a melee FvS that can heal, dance, and hold up with the rest. It maxes being able to do what other FvS can, and doesn't require too much hassle.
I have seen a lot of good builds on here, and it always bothered me how there was very few Half-Orc. Even in post like Sirgog's Soul Survivor http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=268346 you see: Quote:

Originally Posted by sirgog Half- Orc FvS Viewpost
Also, this build simply would not work as a half-orc.
Or the "why make a non-WF FvS post:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=293579.

I did find one post with a guy posting a Half-Orc FvS here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=277788.

Outside his orc grammar, he got feedback like this: Quote:

Originally Posted by stormarcher Half- Orc FvS Viewpost
so its just mediocre at everything?
Thought: I feel in the current game even an Evoker is going to have his BB Saved in epic content, his Implosion not work, and his extremely high Wisdom put to waste. A Soul Survivor even relies on BB for a chunk of their damage solo, so why not have mid-medium BB?

I don't subscribe to go 10 Wisdom, or go 16+. I don't like the notion of being limited in options, just like I don't like people saying WF - melee, human - caster =Everything else -useless. This build is to show you can melee strong, and be decent at the rest. That is all a build needs. In raids - you are more times then not going to be a healer, back up healer, or the odd melee. You are going to melee, melee+cast, or heal. This build can do just that, just like any other.

Call me a meat and potato guy, but I was looking for...well, HORK! The Half-Orc FvS.

Starting STATS on a 32-point build (and at 20):

Str- 18 (37/41) -- + 5 levels + 2 HO + 1 litany + 2 tome + 6 item + 3 excep (+4 yugo/ship)
Dex- 8 (16) -- +6 item + 2 tome
*Con- 16 (27) -- +6 item, +2 tome, +3 excep
*Int- 10 (18) -- +2 tome + 6 item
*Wis- 12 (26/30) -- + 2 FvS + 1 litany + 2 tome + 6 item + 3 excep (+4 yugo/ship)
*Char- 10 (20) -- +2 FvS + 2 tome + 6 item

With 28 point - If you have Half-Orc and not veteran -- Lower Con to 14 OR Int to 6 OR Wisdom to 8. You decide.
With 34 point - bump Str to 19 (remove one from Int/Wis/Char)
With 36 point - bump Str to 19 (add one to Wisdom)

A note for Con, Int, Wis, and Charisma - these stats can be adjusted accordingly to your play style.

CON- Could be lowered to 14/15
INT- Can be dumped to 6/8, doesn't matter
Wisdom- lots of debate, clearly do what you want. If you want it dumped, no pain. People will argue (it's got to be 10, or 16). Do what is best.
Charisma - Again, if you can make it on 8, do it. If you need/want more, 12. 10 is sweet and simple.

SKILLS: UMD, Concentrate, Balance. Jump will have a few points at low levels due to lack of UMD.

FEATS (in order from 1-18):

1 - Toughness - nice to be durable at low levels
3 - Power Attack - extra damage always helps
6- Empower healing - by the time you get level 3 heal, this becomes really nice
***9- Extend - extend buffs, later BB
12- Maximize - make BB your best friend
***15- Quicken - time to make those spells faster
18- Imp. Crit: Slashing (can be bludgeon

***At level 12, it isn't unreasonable to swap out Quicken for Extend.

Note this: your feat selection is your undoing. Pick what is best for you. There ARE debates on this, and this is not an end all, be all feat selection. You are in control, this is just MY opinion on feats. To me, durable + dmg = best friend.

SPELL SELECTION: (thanks Tobril for the thread, which can be found here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=297751:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobril Half- Orc FvS Viewpost
1st
Divine Favour
Remove Fear
Nightshield
Obscuring Mist

2nd
Resist Energy
Lesser Restore
Remove Paralysis
Eagle Splendor

3rd
Magic Circle
Prayer
Searing Light
Remove Curse

4th
Divine Power
Freedom
Recitation
Restoration (thought about neutralize poison, but pots/wands should suffice)

5th
Raise Dead
MCLW
Break Enchantment
True Seeing or Protection from Elements (leaning protection and carry true seeing scrolls)

6th
Heal
BB
MCMW

Thought about harm, but most PM’s seem to be able to take care of themselves.

7th
Mass SR
Resurection
MCSW

Greater restoration and mass protection are candidates as well. Greater restore can be scrolled and
mass protection has always seemed like it wasn’t truly needed, sort of like stalwart pact.

Epic Chainmail Coif (only need shard) will grant always-on 50% to 7th and lower cure spells, thus MCSW.

8th
Holy Aura
Mass DW
Tough choice - MCSW, Death Pact, Summon VIII

I could maybe live without the fourth mass cure, especially its effectiveness is limited to amrath belt cliky duration.

Death Pact is nice, but I’m a bit torn on that one as my cleric tended to not use it often.

Air elemental from summon VIII is insanely awesome.

9th
Mass Heal
True Res
Summon IX or Enervation (enervation for sure if using summon VIII)

Important note: this is end game spells. When leveling, you may want to try to follow this guideline, and maybe change a *few* spells around as need be (i.e. getting your heals is #1 priority)

ENHANCEMENTS:

Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage I
Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage II
Enhancement: Orcish Strength I
Enhancement: Orcish Strength II
Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude I
Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude II
Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude III
Enhancement: Favored Soul Ascendency: Sovereign Host
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
Enhancement: Favored Soul Prayer of Life I
Enhancement: Favored Soul Prayer of Life II
Enhancement: Favored Soul Life Magic I
Enhancement: Favored Soul Life Magic II
Enhancement: Favored Soul Life Magic III
Enhancement: Favored Soul Life Magic IV
Enhancement: Favored Soul Spell Penetration I
Enhancement: Favored Soul Spell Penetration II
Enhancement: Favored Soul Spell Penetration III
Enhancement: Favored Soul Energy of the Scion I
Enhancement: Favored Soul Energy of the Scion II
Enhancement: Favored Soul Energy of the Scion III
Enhancement: Favored Soul Energy of the Scion IV
Enhancement: Favored Soul Charisma I
Enhancement: Favored Soul Charisma II
Enhancement: Favored Soul Wisdom I
Enhancement: Favored Soul Wisdom II
Enhancement: Favored Soul Toughness I
Enhancement: Favored Soul Toughness II
Enhancement: Favored Soul Toughness III
Enhancement: Favored Soul Toughness IV
Enhancement: Favored Soul Wand and Scroll Mastery I
Enhancement: Favored Soul Wand and Scroll Mastery II

I would like to note there are SEVERAL options that can be done here. I would say the following are most plausible to be replaced: Wand/Scroll Mastery II (2 ap), Wisdom I (2 ap) and Wisdom II (4 ap), Charisma II (4 ap), Spell Pen II (4 ap) and Spell Pen III (6 ap)

What could be added: Unyielding Sovereignty (4 ap), Prayer of Life III (3 ap), Wand/Scroll II (2ap ) AND Wand/Scroll III (3 ap) AND Wand/Scroll IV (4ap). Also, the longsword specialization at (1 and 2 ap) are a good option when sword and board.

With this build, there are pros/cons.

Pros:

Good balanced stats (Has Str to match other races, and heals just the same)
Healing Capstone (Sov. Host)
DR 10/ -- (No splash)
To me - better version of Impaqt's Superior Soul (More str/con, no TWF feats = more spell feats) vs (Less Wis/Dex)

Cons:

Not tanking/Caster oriented
Dex dumped
Less DR then WF / Constitution slightly smaller
No favored weapon - I just to either longsword S/B or take a hit with -4 2HF

I welcome any and all opinions. If it is to say how you would adjust something, great. I would love to adjust any errors and be as accurate as possible to increase the build; HOWEVER, if it is something like which feats, race, dumping Wisdom, or that you don't like the way they smell....I apologize but it is remaining the way it is.

I get Half-Orc has it's flaws, every race does. That is why options and selection is great, and Half-Orc is just one. Thanks, and let the feedback roll in!
Back to top Go down

Half- Orc FvS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sons of Xen'drik :: Character Build :: Spell-
Jump to: