Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TJUNK

HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build Empty
PostSubject: HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build   HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:37 am

This build changed my life: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=292100

I dropped the one rogue level (keep it if you want to open locks)
I don't have 36-point build, so for 32 point I changed a few things.

Basically, it can get 80+ AC while having around 500 hp and almost losing none of your cleric abilities.

This build is pro. Send a tell in-game (tgunk, tjunk, tjunkn, tgu). I'll answer any questions.
Back to top Go down
Jesebelle

Jesebelle

PostSubject: Re: HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build   HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:39 pm

If you're dropping the rogue level, I'm wondering if you wouldn't prefer to take a 3rd level in monk. You're not any worse off than the original build in terms of spellcasting, and you gain your path (and therefore finishers).
Back to top Go down
kaleva

kaleva

PostSubject: Re: HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build   HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Jesebelle wrote:
If you're dropping the rogue level, I'm wondering if you wouldn't prefer to take a 3rd level in monk. You're not any worse off than the original build in terms of spellcasting, and you gain your path (and therefore finishers).

The third monk level wont do much in the way of new finishers since the light/dark attacks come from AP's spent on the PrE's so you would need 6 lvl's of monk at a min to get those. It would however get you a feat slot. One level of monk will automatically grant the four basic finishers, fire, air, earth and water.
Back to top Go down
Jesebelle

Jesebelle

PostSubject: Re: HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build   HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:06 am

kaleva wrote:
The third monk level wont do much in the way of new finishers since the light/dark attacks come from AP's spent on the PrE's so you would need 6 lvl's of monk at a min to get those. It would however get you a feat slot. One level of monk will automatically grant the four basic finishers, fire, air, earth and water.

Well, I meant the path-based basic finishers, which are granted automatically with the third monk level. Walk of the Sun, Blur, and Healing Ki would certainly be beneficial on this build. Also, with cleric wisdom, the dark path debuffs could also have a home.

As for taking 6 levels of monk, that's a fun (though more solo/melee focused) way to go as well. You definitely wouldn't have the healing ability of the posted build. It can, however, be a fun build to play. I'm currently running a 12cleric/6monk/2fighter halfling with the dragonmarks.
Back to top Go down
kaleva

kaleva

PostSubject: Re: HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build   HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 am

The high wisdom would make excellent use of the stunning fist and be hard to save against. So you could in theory make up for some loss of the healing by using ki if you went light. Since more ki is generated with a crit and stunned mobs grant auto crits it could work.
Back to top Go down
Felline

Felline

PostSubject: Re: HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build   HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:06 pm

... Variance 2.0 Clonk eh?

Well its something you need to work around a little.

changes in U9 that will hit this build is the obvious lack of attack bonus.

now the 3 monk finishers is kind of good if you're going melee heavy

I am planning on turning Shandrine into a 12 cleric/6 light monk/2 fighter melee build, before turning her into a more caster type. Will see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build   HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HIGH Wisdom, HIGH AC 18 Cleric, 2 monk build
Page 1 of 1